To make a homemade base lotion for the concealer, you’ll need these ingredients
- Shea Butter
- Argan Oil
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Witch Hazel
- Vegetable Based Emulsifying Wax
And these additional ingredients for color and coverage
- Kaolin Clay, Earth Clay or Bentonite Clay
- Zinc Oxide Powder (Non-Nano and uncoated
- Organic Cocoa Powder
IF YOU DON’T WANT TO MAKE THE BASE LOTION, TRY:
- Shea moisture Argan and chamomile Healing lotion
- Shea moisture olive oil and marula lotion
- 2 teaspoons of argan or jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon of Shea butter
- 1/2 tbs. Emulsifying Wax
- 1 teaspoon aloe gel
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- OR 3 TABLESPOONS OF NATURAL PRE-MADE LOTION (IN PLACE OF FIRST FIVE INGREDIENTS)
- 2 tablespoons non-Nano zinc oxide
- 1/4 – 1/2 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Clay of choice (if using)
- If making the simple version… just mix the organic lotion and powdered ingredients to get the desired color and consistency.
- Melt the Shea Butter, argan oil and emulsifying wax in a double boiler until completely melted.
- Add the aloe and witch hazel and whisk until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Turn Heat off.
- Add zinc and clays (if using)
- Add cocoa powder a tiny pinch at a time until desired color is reached. You will want this to be lighter than your skin tone so it blends and lightens. If it is too dark, it will leave dark spots on the skin.
- Dip the tip of a spoon into the mixture and let cool for a few seconds. Test the color and coverage on your forehead and inner arm to make sure you’ve achieved the right tone for your skin and the amount of coverage you want.
- Spoon the mixture into the desired container and let cool.