Hey everyone. So I am going to start doing a simple smoothie Sunday Posts because they are really healthy and here are some more benefits:
- Get your daily allowance of fruits and veggies – Consuming the daily recommendations of fruits and veggies can be challenging. Healthy smoothies can help meet your body’s daily nutritional needs.
- Quick and Easy – Doesn’t take as long as preparing most meals. You can also take your “meal” on the go with you.
- Easier weight loss – There are a plethora of weight loss programs that promote replacing a meal with a liquid drink. Provide your body with all the vitamins and minerals it needs via smoothies, cut out the fattening parts of your diet and watch the pounds disappear.
- Improve digestion – Blender “Chews” your food for you and eases the burden on your digestive system while you simultaneously consume plenty of fiber to ensure excellent digestion.
- Detox – Give your body a break from the manmade chemicals of today’s world and add detoxifying ingredients like kale into smoothies to help with detoxification process
- Build muscle and improve athletic performance – Provides your body with the nutrients it needs to excel during athletic performance
- Beauty – Think radiant hair, skin and nails
- Strengthen your immune system
- Energy – Supply your body with the right fuel for more energy in the short and long term
So without further ado, here is our first Simple Sunday Smoothie Recipe:
- 2/3 Cup Mango Chunks, Frozen
- 1 Cup Raspberries, Frozen
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. Water
Blend until smooth and creamy.